The big quiz

Chat - - CONTENTS -

The an­swers to all but one of these quiz ques­tions can be found hid­den in this word­search grid, read­ing for­wards, back­wards, up, down or di­ag­o­nally.

To help you, we’ll tell you that the an­swers in each sec­tion are in al­pha­bet­i­cal or­der. How­ever, one an­swer can’t be found in the grid. This is your prize an­swer. See page 56 for en­try de­tails.

THE SIL­VER SCREEN – GREAT

1 What word com­pletes the ti­tle of the 1940 film writ­ten and di­rected by its star, Char­lie Chap­lin, The Great - - -? (8) 2 What was the first name of the ti­tle char­ac­ter in the 2013 film The Great Gatsby? (3) 3 Who did Hugh Jack­man play in the 2017 film mu­si­cal The Great­est Show­man? (1,1,6)

WHERE IN THE WORLD? WELL

4 In which county is the town of Bakewell, after which a fa­mous pas­try dish is named? (10) 5 The Suf­folk town of Ip­swich lies on the es­tu­ary of which river? (6) 6 What is the cap­i­tal city of New Zealand? (10)

FAIR

7 Which Mid­lands city is fa­mous for its an­nual Goose Fair? (10) 8 Which fair did Si­mon & Gar­funkel sing about, in a song that fea­tured in the film The Grad­u­ate? (11) 9 To which fair were Un­cle Tom Cob­ley and all head­ing in the tra­di­tional Devon folk song? (9)

GOOD

10 Prover­bially, what does one good turn de­serve? (7)

11 Who di­rected and starred in the 2005 his­tor­i­cal drama film Good Night, and Good Luck? (6,7) 12 An an­nual Fes­ti­val of Speed takes place in the grounds of which West Sus­sex stately home? (8,5)

FINE

13 Which ac­tress starred in the TV se­ries A Fine Ro­mance? (4,5)

14 Which veg­eta­bles fin­ish the say­ing, ‘Fine words but­ter no - - -’ ? (8) 15 Which group had a hit in 1964 with I Feel Fine? (3,7)

3. Who was Hugh? 1. Name the film

6. What is the cap­i­tal of New Zealand?

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.