Chat

CASE 1: THE MISSING ‘MILK CARTON KIDS’

-

Late on Boxing Day 1996, two boys were last seen eating biscuits outside a petrol station in Chelmsley Wood, Birmingham.

David Spencer, 13, and Patrick Warren, 11, never came home.

They were the first missing children to have their pictures put on milk cartons in the UK

The case, now a double murder investigat­ion, is close to my heart. I started teaching around the time they disappeare­d.

Brian Field, a convicted paedophile and murderer with a history of abducting boys, who is currently serving a life sentence, was living in the area. He’d previously been questioned regarding David and Patrick’s disappeara­nce, but never charged.

Emilia and I discovered he’d been seen talking to the boys days before they vanished.

We used geo profiling – where locations of a series of crimes are analysed to find an offender or, in this case, victims’ bodies.

Walking through a wooded area where we suspected the bodies were buried, we were determined to get justice.

If the police find them using our info, we’re hopeful of securing a conviction and finally laying the ‘Milk Carton Kids’ to rest.

??  ?? David and Patrick were never found
David and Patrick were never found

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom