Gammon and pineapple mixed grill Bored with the usual barbie fare? Try something a little different.
PREP TIME 15 MINS COOK TIME 15-20 MINS
● 2 sweet or regular potatoes, cut into wedges
● 1 corn on the cob, cut in half
● 2tbsp olive oil
● 2 gammon steaks
● 2tbsp sweet mustard ketchup (we used Tracklements)
● 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into wedges ● 1 pineapple slice, quartered
● Rocket, to serve You will need:
● Wooden skewers, soaked in water
1 Heat up a barbecue or grill until the coals are white. Put the potato wedges into a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins, until they’re becoming tender, then drain.
2 Brush the corn with olive oil and put on the barbecue or grill to cook, for about 15 mins, turning to evenly brown.
3 Brush the gammon steaks with mustard ketchup and chargrill with the corn for 15 mins, until browned. Thread the drained potatoes on to wooden skewers, brush with oil and chargrill for 10 mins. Add the red peppers and cook for 10 mins, to soften. Chargrill the pineapple for 5 mins and use to top gammon. Serve with rocket.