Spotting a brain injury
Symptoms of a severe head injury can include the following. If you or someone you know experiences any of these symptoms dial 999 immediately.
• Unconsciousness – a person may collapse or become unresponsive, even for a brief period of time.
• Concussion – a sudden but short-lived loss of mental function after a blow or another injury to the head. • Fits or seizures
• Difficulty speaking or staying awake
• Problems with the senses – hearing loss, double vision • Repeated episodes of vomiting
• Blood/clear fluid coming from the ears or nose
• Memory loss
• Sudden swelling or bruising around both eyes or behind the ear
• Difficulty walking or with coordination