Le Pavillon de la Reine was built in 1612 for King Henry IV of France. It is intriguingly tucked away in the Place des Vosges. The hotel’s name refers to Queen Anne of Austria who once stayed in one of the wings (and who gives her name to the hotel’s new restaurant). It has the elegance of a private home, with a wonderful sense of history and understated sophistication, in the heart of Le Marais, Paris’ oldest and trendiest quartier. Privately owned and family-run, its 56 rooms are individually designed - many with antiques and exposed beams. The intimate spa is its recognition of the modern era. It is the ideal place to retreat to after the hustle and bustle of a frantic day’s Christmas shopping.