The Alvis Three Litre TD21 was launched in 1958 with sports saloon or drophead coupé bodies produced by Park Ward. It was a revised version of the Willowbrook-built TC108G (G for Graber, the Swiss designer).
From 1959 all-drum brakes changed to front discs and rear drums. Overdrive available on four-speed manual between late 1960 and 1962.
April 1962 saw the introduction of four-wheel Dunlop disc brakes for the Series II. Front foglamps recessed into front panel within the circular air intakes for carburettors and heater. Revised rear numberplate surround.
October 1962 heralded a switch to a fivespeed manual ZF gearbox, with the Borgwarner automatic still an option.
TD21 was replaced by the TE21 in 1963 with twin stacked headlamps. TF21 followed in 1966 with triple carbs and 150bhp.