Mark Hay­cock with a page of tips.

Classic Motorcycle Mechanics - - CONTENTS -

Q:My front mud­guard has been re-plated su­perbly, how­ever the un­der­side will re­quire some ex­tra pro­tec­tion. What can I use? Chris

A:The tra­di­tional ad­vice would be to use un­der­seal, but there are bet­ter prod­ucts avail­able now. Have a look for what is called Stonechip, which is a harder and more durable so­lu­tion. You can get it in aerosols but a bet­ter re­sult might come from a visit to a car body re­pair shop as they use pro­fes­sional equip­ment and prod­ucts which should be long last­ing in reg­u­lar use on a car – and I take it you will not be rid­ing your bike in all weath­ers through the win­ter?

What lies be­neath?

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.