Mark Haycock is back and sorting the aesthetics.
surface area of the adhesive to plastic bond, and the adhesive appeared to be stronger than the plastic anyway. Looking at the inside (Photo 4) you can see that the ABS scraps form something like stitches on a scar. It does not take long for the adhesive to set, and it is only necessary to rub down the outside and then the area can be filled and finished off. In fact, very little filling was needed as the adhesive had already taken care of that. As with the Hornet, I used this flexible filler (Photo 5) which was easy to apply and worked perfectly. Another area which needed filling was on the headlamp shell (Photo 6) which had I would say gouges rather than scratches and this, along with one or two other clues, showed that the bike must have been involved in a mishap at some point. Turning back to the side-panels, one glaring point was that an emblem, which is the Honda term for what I think we would call badges, was incorrect (Photo 7, bottom) and must have been originally fitted to a K3 or later model. Worse was the fact that someone seemed to have used Gorilla Glue to fix it (Photo 8), which is okay if you never want to remove it –but I did.
4 Like stitches on a scar! But it works...
3 Chamfers add to the surface area.
2 Mark finds this stuff works well.
1 Cracks often appear on old plastics.