“See you in court, Lindsey”
Mac snub Buckingham as they announce two summer dates.
Fleetwood Mac are to introduce their new live line-up with two open-air summer shows in 2019. The band, now with Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell and Crowded House leader Neil Finn in place of Lindsey Buckingham, will perform at the RDS Arena in Dublin on June 13 and London’s Wembley Stadium on June 16.
Buckingham recently sued the band for his dismissal earlier this year as a result of what has been called a ‘scheduling conflict’, and having lost up to $14 million as a consequence of their actions. He'd requested the tour be delayed in order to promote his solo box set. The guitarist claims to have been told five days after the group appeared at Radio City Music Hall in January that the tour would proceed without him. According to Buckingham, the decision to do so was “in breach of their fiduciary duties of loyalty and good faith and fair dealing”. It also served to end what he called “the beautiful forty-threeyear legacy we built together”.
Responding in a statement, spokesperson Kristen Foster said: “Fleetwood Mac looks forward to their day in court.” DL
Snubbed: Lindsey Buckingham.