Of the best RECIPES FROM THE FAST 8OO
This dish is full of protein and healthy fats, to start your day feeling satisfied and keep you fuelled until lunch.
Calories per serving: 312 Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
½ avocado, pitted
1 large free range egg SALSA
30g cherry tomatoes, quartered Fresh coriander, chopped
¼ red onion, diced
¼ lime, juiced
25g feta cheese, crumbled
Avocado and salmon are both rich in healthy fats, so are important to include in your diet on a regular basis. Thankfully they are delicious too!
Calories per serving: 520 Prep time: 12 minutes Cooking time: 6-7 minutes
These stuffed peppers make a great filling vegetarian meal. Add extra vegetables or try different types of cheeses (such as goat’s cheese or feta) for variety.
Calories per serving: 359
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 red pepper, halved and seeds removed
1 tbsp olive oil
75g mozzarella cheese, grated 6 cherry tomatoes, halved Fresh basil leaves, chopped
Sea salt Black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 220ºc. • Scoop out some of the avocado half to make room for the egg. Keep the extra avocado for the salsa.
• Crack the egg into a mug, being careful to keep the yolk intact. Arrange the avocado half in a baking dish, resting it along the edge so that it
½ avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
4 cherry tomatoes, halved Fresh coriander, chopped ½ lime, juiced
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes ¼ tsp paprika
150g salmon fillet*
½ lime, wedged
• Place the avocado, cherry
¼ lemon, juiced
½ garlic clove, peeled and crushed
• Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper. • Next, toss the pepper in half of the olive oil and then place it on the baking tray.
won’t tip over. Gently spoon the egg yolk into the avocado hole, adding as much of the white that will fit. Gently place a baking dish in the preheated oven and bake until the egg is cooked, which will take about 15 minutes.
• Meanwhile, assemble the salsa. Combine the tomatoes, coriander, onion, lime juice, feta cheese and the leftover avocado chunks. Season with salt and pepper, and serve topped with salsa.
tomatoes, coriander, lime juice and ½ tbsp of olive oil into a bowl. Toss to combine.
• Mix the chilli flakes and paprika together in a small bowl. Place the salmon on a plate (skin side down) and drizzle over remaining olive oil. Press the paprika and chilli mixture onto the salmon.
• Preheat the grill (preferably a BBQ grill or grill pan) to medium high. Once hot, place the salmon skin-side down onto the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes,
• Combine the mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, garlic and basil leaves together in a small bowl. Use this mixture to fill the pepper halves.
• Drizzle over the remaining olive oil and then place the stuffed pepper halves in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and then pour over the lemon juice.
and then turn and cook for an additional 3 minutes (or until the salmon is cooked through). • Serve the salmon with avocado
salsa and a lime wedge.
* The great majority of salmon (and trout) in many countries is farmed and this does affect the nutrition content. We do encourage local produce, however food integrity is also important. Getting to know your local fishmonger will help you further understand the quality and integrity of your fish options.