ABERCYNON Send your news to: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Abercynon Road Club: If you’d like to get started cycling and would like to join us, please search for us on Facebook.
● ASD Rainbows: ASD Rainbows is opening a unit for children with autism in Cwmbach.
For more information please see our Facebook page or you can email us at: email@example.com. We meet on Thursdays at Abercynon Community Centre, 7pm.
ABERDARE Send your news to: firstname.lastname@example.org ● Bereavement and Loneliness Group:
Co-op Funeralcare Bereavement and Loneliness Group is once a month at Christchurch, East Avenue, Gadlys, Aberdare CF44 8AS at 10am.
Everyone is welcome to come along to meet new friends, refreshments – tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
It is run by Christopher Davies funeral director for Co-op Funeralcare.
CYNON VALLEY MUSEUM Send your news to: email@example.com
● Lottery Numbers: The numbers drawn on Friday, September 21 were 13, 15, 16, 20.
The jackpot rolls over to next week. The total prize fund is £260. Get your tickets for next week’s draw at the museum shop.
You can purchase a weekly ticket, a monthly ticket or a full three months. All proceeds are used for projects in the museum. ● Marty’s at the Museum: Afternoon tea, hot and cold lunches, morning coffee and cake. ● Mezzanine Gallery: New exhibition from IB Cymru marking the Welsh contribution to the Spanish Civil War. ● New Exhibition In The Main Gallery: By All Sorts art group – a collection of work. Now open. The perfect place to start your Christmas shopping.
CYNON VALLEY PALS Send your news to: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Who We Are: We are a small charity that works with children with additional needs and their families.
For more information visit our website, www. cynonvalleypals.co.uk, find us on Facebook or call 07967 845 056 or 07875 701 847.
● Help Needed: We have some speciality equipment that we use for our holiday playschemes and need somewhere to store it.
If a local business or anyone else could help us out with the donation of a plastic outdoor shed we would be very grateful.
NEW HORIZONS RESOURCE CENTRE Resource Centre: 16 Dean Street, Aberdare CF44 7BN Main Office: 16a Dean Street, Aberdare CF44 7DG 01685 881113 email@example.com
● Mental Health: For more information about services on offer email: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call the centre on 01685 881113.
● New Horizons: New Horizons mental health charity has a centre in Aberdare which is open at the following times:
■ Mondays, 4pm-8pm – Youth Project;
■ Tuesdays, 11am-1pm – activities, groups and training;
■ Wednesdays, 9am-4pm – activities, groups and training. ■ Closed bank holidays. The team provides support and advice, talks activities such as music, art and craft, Wii, and free internet.
ROWAN TREE CANCER SUPPORT Send your news to: Alex Price 01443 479369 email@example.com
● Lottery Results: The lottery numbers were drawn on Friday, October 26.
The numbers were 08, 10, 22, 24. The jackpot is now £1,366.
For your chance of winning please pick up your tickets at Rowan Tree Cancer Centre in
Mountain Ash, Rowan Tree Cancer Care Charity shop in Mountain Ash or Rowan Tree Cancer Care Bridal Wear and Charity shop at Pontypridd.
All you need is four lucky numbers between 1 and 24.
Tickets cost £1, and you must be 16+ to enter.
The draw takes place Fridays at Cynon Valley Indoor Bowls Centre in Mountain Ash.
● Felting Classes: If you or your family have been touched by cancer and you want to have the opportunity of being taught a relaxing therapeutic craft, please join our new classes on Mondays, from 1.30pm-3.30pm (working with felt.) We are delighted to have Eva Leslie’s Needle Felting at our centre in Mountain Ash.
If you are interested, please can you contact the centre on 01443 479 369 to reserve your place.
● Donations: If anyone has any unwanted clothing and/or toys we would appreciate donations to our charity shops in Mountain Ash and Pontypridd.
We can also arrange for our charity van to pick up any donations on a Tuesday or a Friday – please contact the office on 01443 479 369 for further information about this.
Donations of goodquality clothing, bridal wear, evening wear and occasion wear, books, electrical items or any other unwanted items will also all be gratefully received at the Rowan Tree charity shops.
● Gift Aid: Gift Aid is one of the simplest and most effective ways of giving to a charity of your choice.
Gift Aid is a scheme introduced by the Inland Revenue which allows us to claim 25p for every £1 that you donate – as long as you get at least that amount in tax and give the charity permission to claim.
It is a fantastic scheme that makes donations go even further at no extra cost.
For example, if you donate £10 then we can claim £2.50, making your donation worth £12.50.
The guidelines requires a Gift Aid Declaration Form to be completed
This then gives us the data we need to be able to claim Gift Aid.
● Volunteers: We are looking for people to help us in reception, shop work and driving our clients back and forth from their cancer-related hospital appointments.
Drivers are urgently needed in the Rhondda area.
If you are able to help please telephone the centre on 01443 479369.
We are also looking for volunteers in the role of befrienders visiting clients at their home one hour per week.
This may be a lifeline for many clients as you may be the only person they see all week.
This is a new project for Rowan Tree Cancer Care.
If you think you could help us or know anyone who can, then please ring or email us and we will send you out an application pack, or simply go on to our website www. rowantreecancercare. co.uk ● Can You Help Us?: If anyone has fundraising ideas for the charity then please get in touch with us on the number above.