Bea’s heartache as her dog is poisoned
PRINCESS Beatrice is said to have been left devastated by the death of her dog Orange after he was poisoned on a walk.
The five- year- old Norfolk terrier was in distress after a walk in Windsor Great Park and taken to a vet last month.
Beatrice, 30, was told nothing more could be done and she took the heartbreaking decision to have him put down, The Sun on Sunday reported.
The vet could not identify if the toxin was a natural substance such as a fungus or had been deliberately left out. The princess is now said to fear for the safety of four other Norfolk terriers who live with her parents at Royal Lodge, Windsor.
A friend told the newspaper: ‘Obviously Beatrice is keeping a close eye on her other pets.’
The princess saw in 2019 in Kenya with boyfriend Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi but ‘couldn’t stop thinking about her dog. It’s very upsetting,’ added the pal.
Max, another of her Norfolk terriers, died after being attacked by corgis at Balmoral.
Pet lover: Beatrice