1. A number is converted into 8-digit binary notation. The first four digits are removed and placed after the second four digits, and the whole number converted back to decimal notation to give the number 216. What was the original number?
2. What connects heartbreak, bleak and crooked?
3. Which former children’s TV presenter NEARED PITS?
4. Which is the odd one out: raven, jackdaw, jay, blackbird?
5. Which three-letter word completes the following longer words: ---gage, de---e, be---a, earp---?