1. During an evening at the casino, Sam won twice as much as Ed, who won the same amount as Rachel, who won 20 per cent of the amount that Lisa lost. If Lisa’s loss was £20.40 more than Sam’s winnings, how much did Rachel win?
2. What connects mobile, nursing and remand?
3. Which former children’s TV presenter might AIL A CASH MERCHANT?
4. Which of these is the odd one out: rhombus, hyperbola, trapezium, parallelogram?
5. Rearrange the letter groups to make four snooker world champions: ERT LOR HEN ROB PHY TAY DRY MUR SON.