PANETTONE, WHITE CHOCOLATE AND WHISKY PUDDING
Pre heat the oven to 180C You will need a deep, three-pint oven-to-table serving dish
1 large pannetone (or use a brioche loaf)
250ml full fat milk 250ml single cream 125g caster sugar, plus extra for topping
25g pistachio nuts
25g dried cranberries 25ml whisky
125g white chocolate
6. Add the whisky (or rum, amaretto, sherry...) Stir until the chocolate has completely melted.
8. Crush the pistachios and sprinkle them on to the panettone; add the dried cranberries.
15. Place into a deep tray, place the tray in a pre-heated 180C oven and add water to the tray, so it comes halfway up the dish. Bake for around 30 minutes.
4. Place the four egg yolks and two whole eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and whisk.
5. Remove the milk and cream from the heat, add the white chocolate.
7. Cut the panettone into large chunks and place it into the dish.
16. Remove from the oven, dredge generously with caster sugar and serve.
10. Whisk the remaining egg whites to a soft peak, using a clean whisk.
12. Pour the custard onto the panettone. Fill to the brim and allow to stand for a few minutes.
13. Let the bread soak up the custard, then add the remaining custard.
1. Generously butter the chosen dish.
2. Heat the milk and cream to a gentle simmer.
11. Fold the whites into the custard.
9. Combine the cream with the whisked yolks and sugar.
3. Separate four of the six eggs.
14. Top with the marmalade.