Campaign to help family of schoolboy left in coma by firework
A FUNDRAISER has been set up for the family of a Pollok schoolboy left in a coma after a firework exploded and blew off two of his fingers.
Carson Boyd, seven, was seriously injured in Priesthill on Tuesday and is currently in the Royal Hospital for Sick Children.
He is the third youngster hurt by fireworks in Glasgow over the last few days.
It is understood the youngster underwent a 12-hour operation to save his hand. He also suffered serious injuries to his face and eyes.
A fundraising page set up for his family, including mum Chantelle Boyd, who is originally from Pollokshields, has so far raised more than £1,500.
A statement on the page said: “Carson spent 12 hours in surgery due to the firework accident. He has life changing injuries. He is now in a medically induced coma to help him rest and heal.
“The last thing any parent should be worrying about at a time like this is money to add to the stress at this difficult time.” Police are investigating. The latest incident comes after we reported how fiveyear-old Corrah Brewis was hit on the head with a firework in Govan.
A three-year-old girl was also injured in Pollokshields.
Donate to Carson’s cause at justgiving.com/crowdfunding/chantellecarson
Chantelle and Carson