General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which actor and theatre manager founded the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art?
A Sir Cuthbert Seerholm Tree B Sir Herbert Beerbohm Tree C Sir Richard Randall Tree D Sir Brian Blessed Tree
2. What land did the US buy from Russia in 1867?
A Afghanistan B Alaska C Hawaii D Palmyra Islands
3. Who had a top ten hit single in 1990 with Hippy Chick?
A Soho B East-17 C Mc-hammer D Stone Roses
4. What are the aquatic larvae of frogs and toads called?
A Tadpoles B Toadfish C Tadfish D Toadpoles
5. Which Liberal Prime Minister condemned Britain’s involvement in the Boer War as “barbarism”?
A Asquith B Gladstone C Campbell-bannerman D Lloyd-george
6. Which new single from US rappers Kanye West and Lil Pump debuted at Number 3 in the UK charts?
A I Love It B You Love It C We Love It D They Love It
7. What off-beat science-fiction series about time-travel starred Scott Bakula?
A Babylon V B Deep Space Nine C Quantum Leap D Stargate SG1
8. Which famous Irish nationalist was killed in 1922 by republicans opposed to the partition treaty he helped to negotiate?
A Michael Collins B Michael Flatley C Michael Mcewan D Michael Dunlop
9. In Christian doctrine what name is given to the inherent wickedness of mankind occasioned by Adam’s fall?
A Original sin B First evil C Ultimate bad D Sin of Satan
10. What sort of creature is a kakapo?
A A fish B An mammal C A snake D A parrot
11. What is the religious practice of driving out evil spirits called?
A Baptism B Exorcism C Expulsion D Enlightenment
12. Which French novelist wrote the cycle La Comedie humaine?
A Honore de Balzac B Albert Camus C Victor Hugo D Yves Navarre
13. In which country is the city of Tijuana?
A Zaire B Brazil C Zimbabwe D Mexico
14. What is the capital of the Republic of Congo?
A Agades B Brazzaville C Benguela D Lagos
15. What sort of creature is a Tasmanian devil?
A A fish B A spider C A marsupial D A beetle
Kanye West See Question 6.