General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which Rugby Union player became the youngest-ever All Black when he made his debut against France in 1994 at the age of 19?
A Jonah Lomu B Jamie Lomu C Jason Lomu D John Lomu
2. Which group released the album Fresco in 1997?
A Sleeper B Elastica C M People D Skunk Anansie
3. In which country is the port of Haifa situated?
A Iran B Israel C Iraq D Sri Lanka
4. Which French writer published the collection of fairy tales Les Contes de ma mère l’oye; better known as Mother Goose?
A Ionesco B Albert Camus C Pierre Cardin D Charles Perrault
5. Sadism is named after which French writer?
A Marquis Sadiste B Marquis de la Sad C Marquis de Caraba D Marquis de Sade
6. Which new film starring Felicity Jones, Armie Hammer and Justin Theroux tells the story of Ruth Bader Ginsburg?
A On the Basis of Sex B On the Basis of Love C On the Basis of Hope D On the Basis of Family
7. What is androphobia?
A Fear of heights B Fear of beetles C Fear of dogs D Fear of men
8. What in nature is a brotulid?
A A horse B A flower C A feline D A fish
9. Which mountains form a border between France and Spain?
A Alps B Carpathians C Cairngorm D Pyrenees
10. In which popular US sport do the Green Bay Packers play?
A Baseball B Ice Hockey C American Football D Basketball
11. What sort of creature is a wentletrap?
A A mollusc B A fish C A mammal D An arachnid
12. Who starred on TV as Edna The Inebriate Woman?
A Patricia Hayes B Sarah Hayes C Rachel Hayes D Lucia Hayes
13. Which soap enjoyed an Italian break during a special fiveepisode week in 1997?
A Coronation Street B Eastenders C Emmerdale D Brookside
14. Who was the first woman MP to sit in the House of Commons?
A Nancy Shelley B Nancy Pankhurst C Nancy Frost D Nancy Astor
15. Which poet wrote Sonnets from the Portuguese?
A Sylvia Plath B Emily Dickinson C Elizabeth Jennings D Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Felicity Jones See Question 6.