General Knowledge Quiz
1. In theatre if you played the Dane what role would you be acting?
A Hamlet B Oberon C Othello D Prospero
2. Which actress was born Harlean Carpenter?
A Greta Garbo B Katharine Hepburn C Marilyn Monroe D Jean Harlow
3. What sort of creature is a firecrest?
A A bird B A snake C A lizard D A continental squirrel
4. Who had a top ten hit single in 1974 with Kissin’ In The Back Row Of The Movies?
A The Pretenders B The Dreamers C The Drifters D The Preachers
5. In Greek mythology, who was the goddess of the moon, sometimes identified with Artemis?
A Idaea B Laodamia C Helena D Selene
6. Which BBC One comedy, starring Call the Midwife actress Charlotte Ritchie, is about a cashstrapped young couple who inherit a haunted country house?
A Demons B Ghouls C Phantoms D Ghosts
7. What sort of creature is a duiker?
A An antelope B A dog C A bear D A rodent
8. What sort of creature is a devil’s coach horse?
A A fish B An arachnid C A snake D A beetle
9. Which actor is shrunk and injected into Martin Short’s body in the 1987 comedy Innerspace?
A Dennis Quaid B Kevin Mccarthy C Bruce Willis D Steve Guttenberg
10. Which group released an album entitled Radiator in 1997?
A Blur B Oasis C Cast D Super Furry Animals
11. Who is the patron saint of children?
A St Nicholas B St Mark C St John D St Thomas
12. Which nation did Britain defeat in the Battle of the Nile of 1798?
A Egypt B Belgium C Iran D France
13. Which English queen was married to Lord Guildford Dudley?
A Elizabeth I B Victoria I C Lady Jane Grey D Mary Queen of Scots
14. Which domesticated member of the horse family is also known as an ass?
A Shire B Donkey C Shetland D Mule
15. What is a Buff Orpington?
A A breed of cow B A breed of sheep C A breed of fowl D A breed of dog
Charlotte Ritchie See Question 6.