General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which British spy novelist wrote Smiley’s People and The Little Drummer Girl?
A John Pierre B Jean Reno C Jean Louis-carre D John Le Carre
2. Which Bantu peoples of South Africa fought the British at the Battle of Rorke’s Drift?
A Hutus B Tutsis C Zulus D Malis
3. Who won the 1997 Formula One world drivers’ championship?
A Damon Hill B Michael Schumacher C David Coulthard D Jacques Villeneuve
4. Which cartoon canine helped the bungling Inspector Gadget to solve the mysteries?
A Brains B Spot C Woofy D Beethoven
5. At which French port did the British army make a spectacular retreat from the advancing German powers?
A Cherbourg B Dunkirk C Calais D Le Havre
6. What is the title of the recent musical film, starring Donald Glover and Rihanna, about a young musician seeking to hold a festival?
A Papaya Island B Guava Island C Passion Fruit Island D Melon Island
7. Who wrote the Just So Stories in 1902?
A A.A. Milne B C.S. Lewis C Rudyard Kipling D Robert Louis Stevenson
8. Which famous fat pupil of Greyfriars School featured in stories by Frank Richards?
A Billy Bunter B Tucker Jenkins C Fatty Arbuckle D Tubby Palmer
9. Who was the commander of Apollo 11?
A Buzz Aldrin B Lance Gray C Martin Malone D Neil Armstrong
10. Which disc jockey/tv presenter created the character Captain Kremmen?
A Kenny Everett B Chris Evans C Steve Wright D Simon Mayo
11. Who had a top ten hit single in 1979 with If I Said You Have A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me?
A Barry White B The Bellamy Brothers C Rod Stewart D David Essex
12. What name is given to an isolated mountain peak protruding through an ice sheet?
A Glacial Peak B Morraine C Corrie D Nunatak
13. Which collective noun is used to describe a group of frogs?
A A troop B An army C A band D A herd
14. Which American general’s ‘last stand’ was at the Battle of Little Bighorn?
A General Robert Lee B General Eisenhower C General Sanders D General Custer
15. What are the names of the two FBI agents in The X-files?
A David Scully and Francesca Mulder B Dana Scully and Fox Mulder C Danny Smith and Freddy Marx D Diana Scully and Frederick Mulder
Donald Glover See Question 6.