General Knowledge Quiz
1. Of which ocean is the sea of Japan a part?
A Atlantic Ocean B Indian Ocean C Arctic Ocean D Pacific Ocean
2. In which war did the term ‘fifth column’ originate?
A The Boer War B Spanish Civil War C The Crimean War D The Napoleonic War
3. Which actress played Alf Garnett’s daughter in TV’S Till Death Us Do Part?
A Una Stubbs B Una Smith C Una Thompson D Una Richards
4. Of which Dickens novel is Pip the central character?
A Bleak House B Oliver Twist C A Tale of Two Cities D Great Expectations
5. Who plays man-mad Dorien in the TV comedy Birds of a Feather?
A Lesley Joseph B Pauline Quirke C Jenny Richards D Dina Kemp
6. Which new Channel 4 comedy series, set in the 1880s, stars Matt Berry as a detective with one eyebrow?
A Year of the Dog B Year of the Cat C Year of the Rabbit D Year of the Hamster
7. Which feuding family was Romeo a member of?
A Capulet B Endymion C Montague D Capone
8. Which director and actor provides the voice for Jedi Master Yoda in the Star Wars films?
A George Lucas B Frank Oz C Steven Spielberg D David Prowse
9. With what sort of music are Joan Baez and Woody Guthrie associated?
A Folk B Classical C Disco D Country and Western
10. Which French army officer was sent to Devil’s Island when falsely accused of betraying military secrets to Germany in 1894?
A Claude Dreyfus B Alfred Dreyfus C Michel Dreyfus D Jean Dreyfus
11. What is the central part of an atom called?
A Molecule B Membrane C Atomic central D Nucleus
12. Which city became France’s capital for four days in WW2?
A Nice B Nantes C Tours D Orleans
13. Which element has the symbol Ar?
A Argon B Arsenic C Astatine D Americium
14. Which giant planet takes approximately 165 earth years to orbit the sun?
A Jupiter B Saturn C Uranus D Mars
15. Which metric unit of volume is equal to one cubic decimetre?
A Two Litres B Ten Litres C A Litre D Half a Litre
Matt Berry See Question 6.