General Knowledge Quiz
1. What is gynophobia?
A Fear of heights B Fear of women C Fear of dogs D Fear of men
2. Who had a top ten hit single in 1984 with Robert De Niro’s Waiting?
A Bananarama B Blondie C Spandau Ballet D REM
3. By what name is the popular pet Carassius auratus better known?
A Budgie B Cat C Canary D Goldfish
4. What relation was Kublai Khan to Genghis Khan?
A Grandson B Brother C Son D Cousin
5. Which daughter of Oedipus and Jocasta in Greek mythology was the subject of a tragedy by Sophocles?
A Iapetus B Antigone C Lares D Thalia
6. Which critically acclaimed Netflix thriller series stars Laura Linney and Jason Bateman as Wendy and Marty Byrde?
A Adirondacks B Brooks C Ozark D Wasatch
7. Who had a 1956 number one with I’ll Be Home?
A Pat Boone B Cat Stevens C Matt Monro D Elvis Presley
8. Which rocky island group off Northumberland is associated with St Cuthbert and Grace Darling?
A Faroe Islands B Farne Islands C Aran Islands D Easter Islands
9. Sixties pop band the Monkees appeared in which surreal film, cowritten by Jack Nicholson?
A Blow Up B Head C The Munsters D Winter A-GO-GO
10. What collective name is given to organisms such as moulds, mildews and mushrooms?
A Growths B Globules C Slimes D Fungi
11. Who played ‘Compo’ in Last of the Summer Wine?
A Clive Dunn B Bill Owen C Arthur Lowe D Ian Lavender
12. In which Dickens novel does Jenny Wren appear?
A Oliver Twist B Little Dorrit C Our Mutual Friend D Dombey and Son
13. In which university city can the Ashmolean Museum be found?
A Oxford B Cambridge C Sheffield D Manchester
14. Which 15th-century Walachian prince is thought to have been the prototype for Bram Stoker’s Dracula?
A Vlod the Impaler B Vlad the Impaler C Vlid the Impaler D Vlud the Impaler
15. Which dance band released an album entitled Dig Your Own Hole in 1997?
A The Dust Brothers B Fat Boy Slim C The Prodigy D The Chemical Brothers
Jason Bateman See Question 6.