General Knowledge Quiz
1. With which musical instrument is Irish musician James Galway associated?
A Flute B Violin C Guitar D Piano
2. Of which fictional London school did Mr Robson preside over in the BBC 1 series?
A Grange Hill B Grove End C Blake High D Victoria Comprehensive
3. Of which French king was Madame de Pompadour a mistress?
A Louis XVI B Louis X C Louis XII D Louis XV
4. In which European country is the resort of Estoril?
A Portugal B Spain C Greece D Turkey
5. Which English satirical novelist wrote Nightmare Abbey and Gryll Grange?
A Thomas Love Johnson B Thomas Love Adams C Thomas Love Williams D Thomas Love Peacock
6. What is the title of the recent single from rapper Nicki Minaj, her first solo release in 2019?
A Animatron B Supertron C Megatron D Gigatron
7. Which of the apostles was the brother of Saint Peter?
A Saint John B Saint Bartholomew C Saint Andrew D Saint Augustine
8. Which officer is served by an aide-de-camp?
A Corporal B Major C Field-marshall D General
9. What secret weapon occupies the zombies in George A Romero’s fourth undead instalment Land of the Dead?
A Dogs B Televisions C Music D Fireworks
10. Which long-running BBC2 documentary series brought us three special films entitled Ice Mummies in 1997?
A Horizon B Panorama C World in Action D Focus
11. Who drove the car Thrust SSC that first broke the land speed record in September 1997?
A Roger Bannister B Richard Friar C Michael Stone D Andy Green
12. What sort of creature is a boxer?
A A horse B A dog C A fish D A mollusc
13. In which Middle East country is the city of Riyadh situated?
A Yemen B Oman C Iraq D Saudi Arabia
14. Who has fronted the Happy Mondays and Black Grape?
A Ian Dury B Ian Brown C Shaun Ryder D Paul Weller
15. What is the second largest planet in the solar system?
A Mars B Saturn C Uranus D Earth
Nicki Minaj See Question 6.