Five-star Cirences­ter clinch first win

Gloucestershire Echo - - SPORT -

CIRENCES­TER Town re­acted well to their open­ing day South­ern League de­feat at Cin­der­ford to put five against Melk­sham Town with­out re­ply in their first home match of the new sea­son.

Ai­dan Ben­nett headed the opener be­fore new For­est Green loa­nee Oliver Artwell, from For­est Green, crossed for Alan Grif­fin to head in.

On the stroke of half time, Michael Pook scored from the penalty spot af­ter Josh Par­sons was tripped.

Af­ter the break, Artwell got a de­but goal be­fore Par­sons scored from the penalty spot af­ter he had been tripped.

Town had lost their open­ing fix­ture of the new sea­son, go­ing down 3-1 at play-off con­querors Cin­der­ford.

The Cen­tu­ri­ons opened the scor­ing a few min­utes be­fore the in­ter­val when Pook con­fi­dently con­verted from the penalty spot af­ter Par­sons had been tripped.

Af­ter the break Cirences­ter made a cou­ple of en­forced changes and from the re-start Cin­der­ford pressed for­ward and just be­fore the hour mark James Hard­ing struck the post lead­ing to a goal­mouth scram­ble and a cor­ner that Andy Lewis headed home to level the score.

The goal en­cour­aged Cin­der­ford and the home side in­creased the pres­sure and once again a cor­ner led to a goal­mouth scram­ble be­fore Moore even­tu­ally found the back of the net to give his side the lead.

As the game en­tered the fi­nal quar­ter hour Moore turned provider as his cross reached the far left post where Matt Mac­don­ald slipped it to James Hard­ing who fin­ished from close range.

Eve­sham United’s new look side opened with a 1-1 draw against Paulton Rovers.

Paulton went in front af­ter some quick pass­ing, as the ball fell to the feet of for­mer Robin Jacob Sloggett, his long range shot gave Reece Fran­cis lit­tle chance as the ball found its way into the bot­tom cor­ner of the net.

A Lee Chilton cor­ner in the 38th minute found the head of Brad Maslen-jones whose header went just over the bar, and the Eve­sham pres­sure was re­warded in first half in­jury time.

Dave Reynolds ap­peared to rob the ball from the Paulton keeper af­ter a long ball, fol­lowed by a su­perb turn and fin­ish as the ball went in off the post.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.