General Knowledge Quiz
1. James Stewart and Grace Kelly appear in which 1954 thriller directed by Alfred Hitchcock?
A Rear Window B The 39 Steps C The Birds D Psycho
2. In what year did Julius Caesar first invade Britain?
A 55 BC B 200 BC C 35 AD D 2 AD
3. What is the lightest gas?
A Helium B Neon C Hydrogen D Argon
4. Which large and populous Asian country is called Bharat in Hindi?
A India B Bangladesh C Pakistan D China
5. The artist George Stubbs is best known for paintings of which animal?
A Dogs B Horses C Cats D Elephants
6. Alison Brie and Betty Gilpin star in which Netflix comedy, now in its third series, about a group of women who perform for a wrestling organisation in the 1980s?
A WOW B FLOW C SLOW D GLOW
7. In which soap opera did Australian singer-songwriter Natalie Imbruglia spring to fame?
A Home and Away B Flying Doctors C Eastenders D Neighbours
8. What name is given to the southern landmass formed by the splitting of the single world continent over 200 million years ago?
A Middle Earth B Gondwanaland C Omanaland D Eurasia
9. Which long-legged bug is also known as a water strider?
A Pond skater B Water boatman C Daddy longlegs D Horse fly
10. How many horns did the dinosaur triceratops have?
A One B Three C Two D Four
11. Which French Art Nouveau jeweller and glassmaker established a factory at Wingensur-moder?
A Jean-paul Gaultier B Jean Reno C Christian Dior D René Lalique
12. Which US president signed the ‘dead-letter’ Potsdam Agreement with Stalin?
A Franklin D. Roosevelt B Herbert C. Hoover C Dwight D. Eisenhower D Harry S. Truman
13. What should be added to a car’s water-cooling system in cold weather?
A Engine oil B Hot water C WD40 D Antifreeze
14. Which alkali metal is represented by the symbol Rb?
A Radium B Rhodium C Rubidium D Ruthenium
15. Which US band had a top ten hit single in 1979 with Lady Lynda?
A The Beatles B The Kinks C The Beach Boys D The Rolling Stones
Alison Brie See Question 6.