General Knowledge Quiz
1. In which popular US sport do the Atlanta Hawks play?
A American Football B Basketball C Baseball D Ice Hockey
2. Which Old Testament Jewish leader directed the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem in 444 BC?
A Abraham B Joseph C Isaac D Nehemiah
3. What letter is represented by three dashes in morse code?
A O B S C A D E
4. Who was the father of the Duke of Monmouth who led a rebellion against James II?
A Charles I B James I C Henry VII D Charles II
5. Which members of an Islamic brotherhood are noted for hypnotic chanting or whirling dances at prayer meetings?
A Thugs B Shiites C Dervishes D Sunnites
6. Which upcoming drama series will star Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston as two ambitious TV journalists?
A The Newsreaders B News at Midday C The Evening Show D The Morning Show
7. Which radioactive element has the symbol Pm?
A Protactinium B Palladium C Promethium D Platinum
8. What is the day before Ash Wednesday called?
A Shrove Tuesday B Maundy Tuesday C Ash Tuesday D Palm Tuesday
9. Which crude incendiary device is named after the Soviet statesman who was foreign minister during World War II?
A Lenin cocktail B Molotov cocktail C Stalin cocktail D Kamenev cocktail
10. Which northern trio released an album in 1997 entitled Extra Virgin?
A Peach B Olive C Oil D Cast
11. In which card game does a player get one for his nob?
A Poker B Craps C Cribbage D Bridge
12. In which constellation is the Crab Nebula?
A Taurus B Leo C Orion D Little Bear
13. What was Wendy Richard’s character in Are You Being Served called?
A Miss Brahms B Miss Rogers C Miss Daisy D Miss Mary
14. What is the unit used in measuring nuclear explosions that is equal to an explosion of one million tons of TNT?
A Megaton B Milloton C Ton D Centoton
15. Which former member of The Young Ones became The New Statesman?
A Adrian Edmundson B Rik Mayall C Alexi Sayle D Brian Blessed
Reese Witherspoon See Question 6.