General Knowledge Quiz
1. Who was the eldest son of Queen Victoria?
A George V
B Edward VII
C Edward V
D George IV
2. Which Irish agrarian organisation was formed by Michael Davitt in 1879?
A The Land Organisation B The Land League
C The Land Consul
D The Land Soviet
3. Which vitamin is also known as ascorbic acid?
A Vitamin C
B Vitamin D
C Vitamin A
D Vitamin B
4. Where is a fibula found?
A In the arm B In the wrist C In the leg
D In the fingers
5. Who wrote Mr Midshipman Easy and Children of the New Forest?
A Baroness Orczy
B AA Milne
C Captain Frederick Marryat
D Enid Blyton
6. Which 2000 film based on a novel by Alex Garland starred Leonardo DiCaprio as a backpacker who joins a secret island community in Thailand? A Shutter Island
B The Beach
C Club Paradise
D Cast Away
7. Which infection of the large intestine can be bacterial or amoebic?
8. What are the international vehicle registration letters for Bahrain?
9. Which actor had adventures in both The Goonies and the Lord of the Rings trilogy?
A Corey Feldman
B Sean Astin
C Elijah Wood
D Billy Boyd 10. In which Scottish sport also called camanachd is a caman used to propel a ball into a hail? A Shunty
11. Which British novelist wrote Mary Barton, North and South and Cranford?
A Charles Dickens
B Mrs Gaskell
C Jane Austen
D Charlotte Bronte
12. By what name is the clavicle commonly known?
A Thigh bone
C Ankle bone
D The spine
13. What nationality was the conductor Herbert von Karajan? A Austrian
14. Which British city developed out of the Roman fort of Mancunium?
15. The Quetzal is the national currency of which country?