General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which admiral was mortally wounded when commanding the British fleet at the Battle of Trafalgar? A Horatio Nelson B Herbert Belson C Horace Kelson D George Telson
2. Which Christian period of fasting and penance begins on Ash Wednesday? A Ramadan B Easter C Lent D Advent
3. Who wrote The Caretaker in 1960?
A Arthur Miller B Sylvia Plath C Norman Mailer D Harold Pinter
4. Who wrote The English Constitution in 1867?
A Walter Bagehot B William Wycherley C Queen Victoria D Lord Salisbury
5. Which fruit from the tree Ficus carica is known for its laxative properties? A Plum B Pear C Fig D Apple
6. Which Netflix crime drama series stars Jason Bateman as money launderer Marty Byrde? A Lucifer B Good Girls C Better Call Saul D Ozark
7. Which Dominican monk who was head of the Spanish Inquisition was largely responsible for the expulsion of the Jews from Spain in 1492? A Diego de Torquemada B Pablo de Torquemada C Tomás de Torquemada D Fernando de Torquemada
8. Which group had a number one hit single in 1980 with Super Trouper?
A ABBA B Bucks Fizz C Blondie D Duran Duran
9. What was the nickname of Pete Mitchell, the character played by Tom Cruise in Top Gun? A Goose B Iceman C Maverick D Cougar 10. Which imported adult drama series was set in Wentworth Detention Centre? A Prisoner: Cell Block H B Scrubs C Bad Girls D Cons
11. What name is given to the nomadic peoples of the Syrian and Arabian deserts?
A Shukran B Lailan C Anaizan D Bedouin
12. The film Natural Born Killers was written by Quentin Tarantino and directed by which other filmmaker?
A Robert Rodriguez B Kevin Smith C Oliver Stone D Spike Lee
13. Which crustacean is known for its habit of occupying empty snail shells?
A Spider crab B Lobster C Hermit crab D Sand crab
14. Oscar winner Jamie Foxx starred as a hapless taxi driver in which thriller directed by Michael Mann? A Miami Vice B Stealth C Heat D Collateral
15. Which star of Waiting For God was a regular in A Very Peculiar Practice?
A Graham Crowden B George Muckden C Jeremy Roberts D Geoff Fisher