General Knowledge Quiz
1. Who wrote the novel Daniel Deronda? A Mrs Gaskell B Charles Kingsley C George Eliot D Anthony Trollope
2. How is the houseplant Chlorophytum elatum better known?
A Venus flytrap B Cactus C Pampas plant D Spider plant
3. Which spin bowler became only the second Australian to take 300 Test wickets?
A Shane Wayne B Shane West C Shane Wallace D Shane Warne
4. Which British novelist is best known for his 1951 book The Cruel Sea? A Jules Verne B JRR Tolkien C Nicholas Monsarrat D Richard Adams
5. By what name is the painter Domenikos Theotokopoulos better known? A Dommy Theo B Kopoulos C El Cid D El Greco
6. Gal Gadot, the actress who starred in the 2017 superhero movie Wonder Woman, was born in which country? A Canada B France C Argentina D Israel
Gal Gadot See Question 6
7. Who was the original host of the gameshow Catchphrase?
A Des O’Connor B Roy Walker C Les Dennis D Chris Evans
8. Which English king was given the name Rufus due to his fiery complexion?
A William II B Henry I C Henry II D Edward III
9. Who wrote the classic adventure stories Treasure Island and Kidnapped?
A Robert Louis Stevenson B C.S. Lewis C Charles Reade D H. Rider Haggard 10. Which city is the seat of government of the Netherlands? A Amsterdam B Rotterdam C The Hague D Eindhoven
11. Which famous wax-modeller opened a waxworks exhibition in London in 1802? A Margaret Tussaud B Marie Tussaud C Melissa Tussaud D Miriam Tussaud
12. Which bird with a distinctive call lays its eggs in the nests of other birds? A Blackbird B Robin C Cuckoo D Swan
13. Which Old Testament woman became the queen of the Persian king Ahasuerus? A Mary B Esther C Jezebel D Ruth
14. Tallahassee is the capital city of which southern US state?
A Florida B Texas C Georgia D Louisiana
15. Which English poet and anthologist is best known for The Golden Treasury published in 1861? A Samuel Taylor Coleridge B Francis Turner Palgrave C William Wordsworth D John Clare