Hayes & Harlington Gazette
Puzzles General Knowledge Quiz
1. Who played the title role in Bergerac?
A John Nettles
B Jack Frost
C David Jason
D Robert Carlyle
2. Which word describes the passage of all or part of an astronomical body into the shadow of another?
3. What sort of creature is a puffer?
A A fish
B A mammal C A reptile D An insect
4. Which Greek shipowner married Jackie Kennedy in 1968?
A Dominicus Theossis B Aristotle Onassis C Aristosis Oranthosis D Theosis Aris
5. Which dynasty has ruled the Netherlands since 1815?
A The House of Orange B The House of Amsterdam C The House of the Tulip D The House of Van Dyck
6. What is the title of the recently released debut album from British singer-songwriter Mimi Webb?
B Mimi Me
D All About Mimi
7. Who has presented Give Us a Clue and Child’s Play?
A Michael Barrymore B Philip Schofield C Michael Aspel D Bruce Forsyth
8. Which Greek letter denotes the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter?
9. Which Nobel Prize-winning novelist is best known for And Quiet Flows the Don?
A Mikhail Gorbachev
B Mikhail Kasparov
C Mikhail Salansky
D Mikhail Sholokhov 10. Speleology is the study and exploration of which natural phenomena?
11. Who wrote the ballet Giselle? A Adolphe Adam
B Adam Adelphi
C Adrian Adams
D Adolf Adelphi
12. In which constellation is Regulus the brightest star? A Little Bear
B Southern Cross
13. What is the usual colour of the flowers of a laburnum?
14. How is the salad plant Lactuca sativa commonly known? A Cabbage
15. Who directed the violent New York gang film The Warriors in 1979?
A Martin Scorsese
B Francis Ford Coppola
C Charles Aidman
D Walter Hill