Pets concern as hedgehog is poisoned
THE RSPCA has issued an appeal for information after a poisoned hedgehog was found dead in the back garden of a house in Totnes.
The hedgehog had blood around its mouth and nose.
The concerned homeowner took the hedgehog's body to a local vet where it is thought it died as a result of poisoning.
RSPCA inspector Beccy Wadey said: “It’s awful to think this poor hedgehog endured such a horrible death, and locals are now very concerned that if the hedgehog ate something that was left out on purpose to deliberately harm them, that their pets such as cats would also be at risk.
“Anyone locally with information about this can come forward, in confidence, and contact me on our inspector’s appeal line 0300 123 8018.”