In­juries ham­per the Bos­worth cause

Hinckley Times - - SPORT -

LOTS of changes to the team sheet due to work com­mit­ments, in­juries sus­tained in the pre­vi­ous week and a sus­pen­sion made this weeks team not the strong­est that Bos­worth have put out this sea­son.

And they ended up on the wrong end of a 52-26 de­feat to Bug­brooke.

How­ever, the start of the game showed lots of prom­ise with the Bos­worth side pin­ning Bug­brooke on their own line for at least five min­utes.

When the home side man­aged to make a clear­ance it was re­turned to the Bug­brooke line where the pres­sure was kept up but not turned into points. A Bos­worth player was judged to not have rolled away which re­sulted in Bug­brooke get­ting into the visi­tors half for the first time.

In­juries to the Bos­worth hooker and scrum half put a dam­per on the at­tack and helped Bug­brooke turn the tables and from a kick ahead which the Bos­worth full back failed to clear from be­hind his own line gifted the home side with their first try and con­ver­sion.

With con­fi­dence gained the Bug­brooke threes showed that they were pretty fast and im­me­di­ately ran in an­other try in the corner. The same try scorer re­peated his ef­fort within min­utes.

Bos­worth re­cov­ered their com­po­sure and from the back of the scrum mounted an ex­cel­lent for­wards pass- ing move get­ting Ricky Wick­war over for Bos­worth’s first try.

Un­for­tu­nately, hav­ing won the ball from a line out over­throw and kick­ing ahead the ball was re­turned, with the Bug­brooke winger beat­ing the full back to the touch down and giv­ing them a bonus point be­fore half time.

From the restart Bos­worth cre­ated an­other at­tack­ing move which re­sulted in a scrum ten me­tres out and from the won ball scrum half Guy Good­man jinked his way through for Bos­worth’s sec­ond try which Joe Ran­don con­verted.

Bug­brooke scored again be­fore half time as well as from the re-start after the break.

Keep­ing their heads up, Bos­worth kept at­tack­ing and from a line out in their twenty two Ricky Wick­war bat­tled his way over for his sec­ond try which Joe Ran­don con­verted. Just like the game had started, Bos­worth pinned the home side on their own line for sev­eral min­utes to no avail and with more in­juries to play­ers. Bos­worth front row now con­sisted of three hook­ers.

The pres­sure moved to the Bos­worth half and Wick­war, from a de­fen­sive po­si­tion on his own line, broke through and ran most of the length of the pitch re­leas­ing the ball to Sam Bal­ance to com­plete the run and score in the corner for a bonus point, and Joe Ran­don adding a dif­fi­cult con­ver­sion. At this stage Bos­worth looked like they could even get a loos­ing bonus point if not over­take Bug­brooke but it was not to be.

Hav­ing warned the Bos­worth front row once about stand­ing up in the scrum near to the try line they were de­fend­ing, the ref­eree awarded the home side a penalty try as Bos­worth were un­able to ac­cede to the ref­er­ees wishes.

Shortly af­ter­wards Bug brooke’s threes were stopped short of the Bos­worth line only for the ref­eree to deem the tackle to be too high and from the quick penalty Bug­brooke went over for the last bit of ac­tion in a match full of en­ter­tain­ment played in good spirit which be­lies the fi­nal score.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.