1. Which artist was responsible for the series of works “A Rake’s Progress” and “Marriage A-la-mode”?
2. The name of which dense, hard-wearing timber is Latin for “wood of life”?
3. In naval terms, what is the duration of a dog watch?
4. What form of applause gained international coverage after it was popularised by Icelandic football fans?
5. Chris Barber, Acker Bilk and Humphrey Lyttelton were prominent exponents of which musical genre in the late 1950s and early 1960s?
6. Which film director recently dropped out of directing the next Bond movie, blaming “creative differences”?
7. What is the name of Israel’s national intelligence agency?
8. The name of which model industrial village in West Yorkshire is a combination of the name of its founder and the local river?
9. In computing terms, USB is an abbreviation for what?
10. What was the first of the 10 biblical plagues of Egypt, according to the Book of Exodus?
1. William Hogarth 2. Lignum vitae 3. Two hours 4. The Viking Clap 5. Trad jazz 6. Danny Boyle 7. Mossad 8. Saltaire 9. Universal serial bus
10. Water turning into blood