HOW TO ENTER
Each category winner will receive a cash prize of £200, an engraved trophy and pictorial coverage in Kent Life magazine.
HOW TO ENTER
• Complete the entry form • Attach a written description of your collection, to include why you started the collection and what your collection means to you (up to 300 words)
• Include up to eight photos of your collection. If digital images, please ensure they are high resolution (300dpi) jpgs or tiffs
• Enter by post, email or online (see checklist)
Tony Pratt: Managing Director of The Canterbury Auction Galleries
David Parker: General Manager and Director of The Canterbury Auction Galleries
Entry submissions will be viewed initially by the judges, who will shortlist those candidates who, through their initial description (photographs are encouraged), exhibit a good knowledge of their chosen field and a good explanation of why they started the collection in the first place.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange a visit by one of the judges to view their collection.
At this stage the judges would expect to be impressed by the passion of the collector and the story behind their collection, what the collector sees as the future of their collection and what they would spend the prize money on, should they be successful.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
Please email your entry to: KentLifeCollec[email protected]chant. co.uk or enter online at: www. kent-life.co.uk via the link on the Home page.
Any postal entries should go to: The Canterbury Auction Galleries, 40 Station Road West, Canterbury CT2 8AN.
All entries need to be clearly marked ‘ Kent Life Collector of the Year Competition’.
For more information on the competition, please visit: www. thecanterburyauctiongalleries. com.
CHECKLIST – HAVE YOU INCLUDED
• A description of your collection
• Four to eight photos of your collection
• Your phone number, email and address
THE JUDGING PROCESS
The closing date for entries is 14 June 2019. The shortlist of finalists will be contacted by one of the judges to arrange a visit to view their collection. The winners will be announced in the August 2019 edition of Kent Life and online.
THE AWARDS CEREMONY
The awards will be presented at The Canterbury Auction Galleries on 26 September 2019. The ceremony is by invitation only.