1. What C is the national gendarmerie of Italy, policing both military and civilian populations?
2. Nanki-poo courts Yum-yum in which Gilbert and Sullivan comic opera?
3. Which French phrase translated as ‘black beast’, means a bugbear or a pet dislike?
4. Which Italian opera composer born in 1782 was once apprenticed to a blacksmith?
5. Oscar Wilde wrote The Importance of Being Earnest in which town on the south coast of England? 6. Which country won the first FIFA World Cup final decided by a penalty shoot-out?
7. Indonesian Kopi Luwak coffee is made from the undigested beans found in the excrement of which animal?
8. Which French order of merit was awarded to Alain Prost by President Mitterand in 1985?
9. The koruna has been the currency of which country since February 1993?
10. The Nobel Peace Prize was awarded in 1917, 1944 and 1963 to which organisation?