Gas leak at ho­tel swim­ming pool

Kentish Express Ashford & District - - IMAGES REVEAL EYE-CATCHING HOUSE -

Paramedics treated 13 peo­ple suf­fer­ing from breath­ing dif­fi­cul­ties fol­low­ing a gas leak at a ho­tel’s swim­ming pool.

Three fire crews and South East Coast Am­bu­lance Ser­vice’s haz­ardous area re­sponse team were called to the Ash­ford In­ter­na­tional Ho­tel, in Si­mone Weil Av­enue, just af­ter 3pm on Sun­day.

Crews wear­ing breath­ing ap­pa­ra­tus and gas-tight suits car­ried out a search and made the scene safe.

Am­bu­lance ser­vice spokesman Rich Airey con­firmed the pa­tients had breath­ing dif­fi­cul­ties and that af­ter be­ing checked over one woman was taken to Wil­liam Har­vey Hos­pi­tal for pre­cau­tion­ary rea­sons.

They left the scene just af­ter 4.30pm. The fire ser­vice is work­ing with Pub­lic Health Eng­land and ABC to de­ter­mine the cir­cum­stances.

Crews were called to the Ash­ford In­ter­na­tional Ho­tel

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.