Cameron House fire probe continues
A probe into the catastrophic fire at Cameron House still hasn’t revealed its cause two weeks on.
Investigators will not be drawn on the cause of the blaze, which killed hotel guests Simon Midgley, 32, and Richard Dyson, 38, on Monday, December 18.
Yesterday (Tuesday), the Lennox Herald contacted police and a spokeswoman said: “Investigations are still on going. We’ve not had any updates.”
Police Scotland last week refused to be drawn on reports that a Christmas tree in the hotel reception could have been linked to the blaze.
It’s been 16 days since the two men died in the inferno at the famous five-star retreat on Monday, December 18, which sparked headlines around the globe.
Two adults and their two-year-old son, were also taken by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital where they were treated for smoke inhalation.
Staff who first raised the alarm just after 6am are reported to have told 999 operators that a 12ft-high tree in the main reception area was on fire.
Police and fire launched a joint investigation into the cause.
Last week, police officers praised festive well-wishers who have showed up at Cameron House to provide them with hot drinks and snacks.
On their official Twitter feed, they posted: “We would like to thank everyone who has attended at Cameron House over the last few days, and provided our officers with hot drinks and snacks.
“The generosity has been overwhelming and it has been greatly received by everyone who has been working over the festive period.
“Thank you, all.”