[ LATEST STYLE TRENDS ]
* Natural finishes such as stone are perennially popular for bathrooms, as they’re hard-wearing with a sense of nature that promotes well-being. The latest trends have a glamour boost with character stones such as veined marble, Portuguese pink marble and intricate patterns in agate.
* We love a bit of bling in the bathroom. An antique mirror, a standout vanity unit and gold brassware will evoke Thirties luxe with a dash of decadence.
* It’s all about bringing a bit of personality to the space and one of the easiest ways is to introduce a stunning element in a bold colour. This could be a shower tray, a tiled splashback or a pop of modern vinyl on the floor.
* If colour isn’t your thing, embrace the trend for monochrome, but do it with oomph. Stripes, patterns and texture add an extra dimension to black and white.
* Spa style remains the antidote to modern-day stresses. ‘Warm wood panelling, plants, natural bath salts and floralscented candles create a Zen-like atmosphere,’ says Sarah Harris, brand manager at Zucchetti.kos.