[ HI-TECH SPEC ]
* Digital showering and touch-screen technology allow you to site controls outside the shower enclosure, bringing water in at pre-set temperatures.
* Look for fun additions built into the showerhead, such as LED lighting and Bluetooth speakers. ‘Showers have become more of a relaxation zone, rather than a quick in-and-out solution and our range of showerheads have remotecontrolled colour LEDS that you can run on a stunning rotational spectrum,’ says Laura Weeks, brands developer at Crosswater.
* Good lighting is essential in the bathroom, so choose a control system that can deliver bright light for shaving, a lower light for end-of-day showering and coloured light to enhance mood.
* ‘Hi-tech fixtures and fittings can be used to achieve a wellness retreat, with relaxing and energising aromatherapy and chromatherapy,’ says Sarah Harris, brand manager at Zucchetti.kos. ‘Make the most of shower features, such as rain, mist, waterfall and body jets.’
* For the ultimate private spa, Dornbracht’s Horizontal Shower invites you to lie down while enjoying the therapeutic massage effects of the six water jets positioned above the shower bed.