[ Design advice ]
vicky charles, design director at Soho House & Co, reveals five ways to add extra luxe factor
* Light fantastic. start a design with the lighting, combining wall sconces near the mirror (practical) with a dimmable pendant (flattering).
* sort the storage. You need more than you might think – ensure drawers or cupboards are deep enough to store folded towels without scrunching them up. We also plan as much surface area as possible.
* Enjoy the view. A window is a lovely luxury for natural daylight and fresh air. Make sure yours opens smoothly and blinds or curtains draw back fully.
* The bath size matters. Test drive a tub before you buy – we always do – to make sure you can get your shoulders comfortably submerged. We love baths so much, we even have them out on the porches at soho Farmhouse.
* Keep calm. colour in bathrooms is great, but we tend to stay on the lighter side – a bathroom needs to feel calm and fresh.