Discover kelly wearstler’s tips for style-driven winter bedrooms.
* Colour helps to convey mood and tone within a space. A pop of a vibrant hue can be a quick fix to refresh and uplift a space. For a bedroom, think layers of decorative pillows or a chromatic throw. or take a bolder leap and paint the walls a new colour.
* Dark colours work beautifully in small rooms, making them feel alluring and exclusive.
* Mixing textures is a great way to give dimension and add sensuality to a bedroom. rich woods, marble and mixed-metal accessories are my favourite elements to add movement and soul to a space.
* i always encourage my clients to invest in luxurious linen. It’s one of the easiest bedroom updates and an indulgence to enjoy every day.
* Bedrooms are intimate and personal and there’s nothing sexier than the right lighting. it truly changes the energy and feel of a space. I like using a mix of silhouettes that embody organic and architectural forms and work together cohesively.
* Create a collection of small treasures and showcase them in catchalls and trays on your bedside table or atop a vanity. Personal belongings – jewellery, photos, postcards, vintage finds – add life to the room and are a constant source of joy.