Guilty plea entered to three indecent image charges
A CARMARTHENSHIRE man has pleaded guilty to making more than 1,700 indecent images of children.
Tomasz Modlinski, of Llandeilo Road, Cross Hands, appeared at Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on Thursday to face three charges which all took place between December 3, 2015, and October 11, last year.
Between those dates Modlinski, aged 28, made 294 indecent photographs of children in the most serious category A.
The second charge is that he made 432 category B images of children.
While the third charge relates to making 995 category C images of children. Modlinski pleaded guilty to all three charges when they were put to him.
In total the indecent images amount to 1,721.
Prosecutor Sian Cutter: said: “Due to the large number of images and especially those within category A, this case is not suitable to be dealt with at magistrates’ court.”
District judge Christopher James asked if any of the images were of children under the age of 12, to which Mrs Cutter confirmed they were.
Mr James said that “was an aggravating feature of the case”.
No defence was given at this stage in the proceedings by Modlinski’s solicitor Richard Morgan.
Turning to Modlinkski, district judge James said: “I am committing all three charges to the Crown Court for sentence as they are beyond the powers of this court.
“You will appear at Swansea Crown Court on January 4.”
Modlinski was granted unconditional bail until that date.
County councillor Jane Tremlett, executive board member for health and social care, meets staff who have transferred from Allied Healthcare to Carmarthenshire Council.