Llanelli Star - - Soccer -

TROSTRE Sports are through to the last 16 of the West Wales In­ter­me­di­ate Cup.

Af­ter go­ing be­hind to an early goal, Trostre re­cov­ered to beat Neath League Premier divi­sion side Seven Sis­ters 5-3 in dread­ful weather at Peny­gaer.

Striker An­thony James got Trostre back on terms, be­fore Ash­ley Lewis edged the home team ahead for the first time to make it 2-1 at half-time.

Al­though Lewis went on to com­plete his hat-trick to keep Trostre’s noses in front, the vis­i­tors were never far be­hind at 3-2 and 4-3. Even­tu­ally a goal from Corey Thomas in the 90th minute set­tled the out­come.

None of the two games in the Premier divi­sion of the LTC Mo­bil­ity Car­marthen­shire League man­aged to last the dis­tance, with the game be­tween Car­marthen Stars and vis­it­ing Dafen be­ing aban­doned af­ter 47 min­utes. The clash will now be re­ar­ranged.

In the only other Premier divi­sion to get un­der way, Evans & Wil­liams were ahead 5-0 at home to Pen­gelli United when the ref­eree de­cided enough was enough.

De­spite play­ing against a strong wind in the first half, it was Evans & Wil­liams who ap­plied most of the early pres­sure be­fore tak­ing the lead in the 35th minute when Ian Mered­ith headed past the keeper to make it 1-0 at the in­ter­val.

With the wind at their backs in the sec­ond half it didn’t take long for Evans & Wil­liams to sprint clear, hit­ting the vis­i­tors with three goals in the space of nine min­utes.

Stephen Greene net­ted for 2-0 in the 48th minute, Shaun Price added a third three min­utes later, and thanks to Liam Jones it was 4-0 in the 57th minute.

When Greene scored his sec­ond in the 70th minute the ref­eree de­cided that was enough, and as per league rules the score stands as a re­sult.

There was also bits of ac­tion in the Se­nior Cup, which saw Peny­fan United book their pas­sage into the sec­ond round fol­low­ing a com­fort­able 6-3 win at Llanelli Park Rangers.

De­spite leak­ing an early goal, the vis­i­tors soon took con­trol and it came as no sur­prise when they grabbed an equaliser through Dan An­der­son.

And be­fore half-time they edged ahead for the first time cour­tesy of Cur­tis Evans.

Leighton Pugsey ex­tended the ad­van­tage early in the sec­ond half, be­fore a cou­ple of strikes from Danny Jones put day­light be­tween the teams.

Sand­wiched in be­tween, how­ever, was a penalty miss from Peny­fan.

To their credit, the home team bat­tled to the end, but they could not stop An­der­son from net­ting his sec­ond of the game.

Also through to the sec­ond round of the com­pe­ti­tion are Kid­welly Town, for whom a hat-trick by Dan Cole­man helped knock out vis­it­ing KRUF 6-2. It was 2-0 at the break.

Kid­welly dom­i­nated for most of the 90 min­utes and added three more goals via Aaron Forey, Jor­dan How­ells and Con­nor How­ells.

Bancf­fos­fe­len join the duo in the next round fol­low­ing a crack­ing 4-1 win in the away tie against Car­marthen Town United.

It was a pol­ished per­for­mance from Bancf­fos­fe­len as they pulled clear with goals from Liam Richards, Lee Wil­liams, Jamie Jones and Kris­tian For­rest. It was 2-1 at the break.

In the only re­serve game to last the course, CK Swiss Val­ley A made ground ad­van­tage count in the 4-1 win at home to Pem­brey Re­serves in divi­sion 3A.

On tar­get for CK Swiss Val­ley were Jor­dan Har­ries, Sion Tootil, Jor­dan Sul­li­van and Si­mon Thomas.

There is no Christmas break for the clubs this season, and this Satur­day there are 12 ties sched­uled in the TG Davies Cup.

There is one game in the first round and 11 in the sec­ond round.

The only first-round tie is the one Llan­deilo’s Sion Mat­tey is on the ball as West End’s Mark Sargeant pre­pares to move in.

Pic­ture: Phil Davies be­tween Tum­ble United and vis­it­ing Pen­gelli United, and it is not easy to pick a win­ner.

The two teams played each other in a Premier divi­sion clash less than a month ago and on that oc­ca­sion it was bot­tom club Tum­ble United who claimed a 1-0 away win.

That is their only win from 14 league games to date.

In the sec­ond round there is one all-Premier divi­sion tie, that be­ing the clash in­volv­ing Dafen and vis­it­ing Kil­lay. Al­though Kil­lay are hav­ing much the bet­ter season of the two, the hosts were made to bat­tle for the 1-0 win against their op­po­nents on the same ground in the league back in Septem­ber.

As for the re­main­ing ties, all five Premier divi­sion clubs are ex­pected to progress at the ex­pense of op­po­nents from lower di­vi­sions.

And in the third round of the West Wales In­ter­me­di­ate Cup, Gi­ants Grave and Trallwm will try for the fourth time to get their game played.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.