Llanelli Star - - LOCAL SOCCER -

LEAD­ERS Bwlch Rangers came out on top in the clash be­tween the top two in the Premier divi­sion of the LTC Mo­bil­ity Car­marthen­shire League.

Rangers emerged 2-1 winners at home to Trostre Sports.

In a game which could have gone ei­ther way, it was Bwlch who even­tu­ally edged it thanks to goals from striker Jor­dan Fol­lows and Clay­ton Jenk­ins.

But the des­ti­na­tion of the ti­tle re­mains in the hands of Trallwm, for whom Joel An­drews scored both goals in the 2-0 win away to Car­marthen Stars.

Gor­seinon Ath­letic were 2-1 be­hind at half-time against vis­it­ing Tumble United, but bat­tled back to win 4-2.

Louis Jack­son struck twice for Gor­seinon, while Robert Jones and sub­sti­tute John Dixon also scored. Goals from Matthew James and Nicky Anderson had given Tumble an early ad­van­tage.

And there were max­i­mum points for Pon­tard­du­lais Town, for whom Cameron Davies, St­ef­fan Robin­son and Joel Beynon scored in the 3-1 win at Kil­lay.

Striker Luke Lim­brick capped an­other out­stand­ing dis­play with a hat­trick for CK Swiss Val­ley in the 4-3 win over Llan­deilo Town in divi­sion one. Also on tar­get was Nick Rees.

In divi­sion two, the only sched­uled game be­tween Car­way and vis­it­ing Pen­l­ler­gaer was post­poned and will be re­ar­ranged.

Am­man­ford Town Re­serves cap­tured the Se­nior Cup, de­feat­ing Pontl­liw 5-1 in the fi­nal at Ste­bon­heath Park last Fri­day.

Af­ter get­ting the bet­ter of the early ex­changes, the dead­lock was bro­ken in the 31st minute when striker Craig Frater gave Am­man­ford the lead when his shot from out­side the box was de­flected past the keeper.

Three min­utes later Frater was brought down in the box, and scored from the re­sult­ing penalty to make it 2-0.

In the 38th minute Am­man­ford were awarded a sec­ond penalty for hand­ball in the box, with Frater net­ting again to com­plete his hat-trick. Although Josh Scott pulled a goal back on the stroke of half-time, Pontl­liw were left with a lot to do in the sec­ond half.

And eight min­utes into the sec­ond half it was game over when Am­man­ford struck twice within 60 sec­onds to draw clear at 5-1. Bruno Forkuoh scored num­ber four, be­fore Frater grabbed the fifth and his fourth.

The Un­der-16 DL & LP Wil­liams Cup fi­nal at Ste­bon­heath Park was dom­i­nated by Dafen, who claimed a 7-1 win against gal­lant Loughor Rovers.

Af­ter tak­ing the lead in the 20th minute through Joshua Mor­gan, two goals within a minute put Sea­side in con­trol. Kyle Bessent made it 2-0 in the 29th minute, and mo­ments later El­liot Jones net­ted and it was 3-0 at half-time.

Jones scored his sec­ond in the 66th minute and com­pleted his hat-trick four min­utes later.

Although Loughor con­ceded a sixth goal to Joshua Wat­son in the 78th minute, they never gave up and were re­warded when Rhys Piper scored straight from the restart.

Gleeb Roberts made it 7-1 in the 81st minute.

In the Un­der-12 JH Evans Cup fi­nal, Sea­side beat Loughor Rovers 2-0. Both goals were scored in the first half.

Sea­side made a dream start, with Alex Law shoot­ing them ahead in the third minute be­fore Casper Re­jnick dou­bled the ad­van­tage on 22 min­utes.

There was also ac­tion in mid­week, and FC Car­marthen moved to within three points of claim­ing the divi­sion two ti­tle fol­low­ing a nail-bit­ing 3-2 win at Bancf­fos­fe­len.

FC Car­marthen, who went into the game know­ing that max­i­mum points from the last two league games would see them crowned cham­pi­ons, were given a tough time of it be­fore edg­ing vic­tory against their op­po­nents from the Gwen­draeth Val­ley.

And go­ing into the last five min­utes it looked des­per­ate for FC Car­marthen, be­fore Rho­dri Noakes came to the res­cue with the win­ning goal in the 86th minute. Tom McCar­ley and Osian Thomas scored the other two goals for FC Car­marthen.

That leaves FC Car­marthen need­ing three points from the last league game at Pen­l­ler­gaer on Satur­day to clinch the ti­tle.

Any­thing less and West End United will be cham­pi­ons.

In the Premier divi­sion, Bwlch Rangers were awarded three points against vis­it­ing Pwll Ath­letic who failed to field a team. As per league rules, Bwlch were given a 4-0 win.

In divi­sion one, CK Swiss Val­ley made it five league wins on the bounce when de­feat­ing vis­it­ing Kid­welly Town 3-2. Striker Luke Lim­brick was the ace in the pack with a hat-trick for CK Swiss Val­ley.

A hat-trick from Kyle Grazette helped Am­man­ford Town Re­serves to a com­fort­able 5-0 win at Pem­brey. Also on tar­get were Aaron But­ler and Alex Arnold.

In the derby clash in re­serve divi­sion one, a sec­ond-half goal from Tom Sch­liker was enough to earn Gor­seinon Ath­letic a 1-0 win at Pontl­liw.

In re­serve divi­sion two, there was a hat-trick for Ryan Owens as Burry Port claimed a 12-1 win at home to neigh­bours Pwll Ath­letic.

Four of the goals were shared be­tween Jamie Phillips and Bran­don Wil­liams, plus there were goals for Sean Wil­liams, Robert Thomas, Robert Davies and Mark Beard­s­ley. Port were also gifted an own goal.

Twenty-four hours later Trostre Sports Re­serves beat Loughor Rovers A 5-0 in their own back yard.

Cal­lum Mor­gan net­ted twice for Trostre, for whom Do­minic Saun­ders, Kerry Thomas and Jonny Thomas were the oth­ers to find the back of the net.

Co­leg Sir Gar is the venue this evening for the sec­ond of the semi­fi­nals in the TG Davies Cup. Trallwm will start as hot favourites to progress to the fi­nal. They face first divi­sion side Felin­foel.

The kick-off is at 6.30pm.

Car­marthen Stars keeper Jonathan Dur­bridge stops an ef­fort from Trallwm’s Joel An­drews Pic­ture: Phil Davies.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.