Call to respect the water
WITH the weather improving and the beaches getting busier, volunteers at the RNLI charity’s new boathouse in Burry Port would like to remind people that if they find themselves in the water unexpectedly to adopt the Float to Live technique.
Respect the Water is the RNLI’s national drowning prevention campaign.
Five steps to float
1. If you fall into water, fight your instinct to swim until the cold water shock passes
2. Lean back, extend your arms and legs
3. If you need to, gently move them around to help you float
4. Float until you can control your breathing
5. Only then, call for help or swim to safety
Check the website for more information www. respectthewater.com.