Loughborough Echo

Attenborou­gh’s reign ends with home defeat


IN THE Everards Brewery Premier Division, Rugby Borough opened up a three-point gap over their nearest rivals as they cruised to a 4-0 win at home to FC Khalsa while Thurnby Rangers were stunned 3-2 at home to Desford, who continue to climb up the table after a difficult start to the season, Macauley Parnell with the Desford goals, Josh Crossley and Morgan Thorpe for Thurnby.

In the final Premier fixture this weekend, Sileby Town returned to winning ways for their first win in six starts as they ran out 4-1 winners at Highfield Rangers, who remain vulnerable to being sucked back into the relegation dogfight. Callum Glover and Grant Ryder both bagged braces for Sileby, Luke Rawle with a first-half consolatio­n for Rangers.

It was a very busy afternoon in Everards Brewery Division One, with all 16 teams in action. Dunton & Broughton United had to come from behind to earn a share of the spoils at Ingles Reserves, Luke Green giving the home side the lead, before Lewis Ayres equalised in the second half, final score 1-1, whilst Sporting Markfield tumbled out of the top four as they lost 4-0 at Earl Shilton Albion, a Conor Beasley hat-trick and an OG doing

LOUGHBOROU­GH Dynamo fell to a second 4-1 defeat in a row as they played Coleshill Town at the Newton Fallowell Stadium.

In what turned out to be manager Lee Attenborou­gh’s final game in charge, Loughborou­gh Dynamo struggled to get into the game at all and Attenborou­gh decided to resign after the game.

Right from the first whistle, Coleshill Town dominated the game and they could have had a penalty within the first couple of minutes to which the referee said no, much to everyone’s surprise.

However, after 15 minutes, the referee did give Coleshill Town a penalty which Sam Moore dispatched to make it 1-0.

After that the first half was all one-way traffic and just three minutes later Amarvir Sandu headed in a rebound from a shot that hit the Dynamo crossbar to make it 2-0 to Coleshill Town.

And then just six minutes later, things went from bad to worse for the Moes. Liam Molesworth pounced on defensive fragility to make it 3-0 after just 25 minutes and Dynamo were shell-shocked. the damage at Stoneycrof­t Park.

In contrast, Burbage Old Boys eased into the top four, and rekindled their promotion hopes, after going to Kibworth Town and handing out a 9-0 thrashing. Pele Orton bagged a hat-trick, a brace of braces for James Graham and Jody Green, and Alex Coultas and Marley Henry joining in the fun.

Loughborou­gh FC stayed at the foot of the table after a 6-1 defeat at the Drome against Barrow Town Reserves, whose scorers were Jamil Chowdhury (2), Dominic Woolley (2), Vinni Bexon and Ben Eames, with Jack Crabtree providing a second-half consolatio­n for the Luffs, cold comfort though

By that point the game was over. Dynamo couldn’t really react, and they were lucky that they weren’t further behind at the break.

Loughborou­gh Dynamo did come out at the break looking to fight back and get back into the game. And just four minutes into the second half, a comeback looked possible as Alex Steadman headed in a Curtis Burrows free kick to make it 3-1.

Loughborou­gh did have chances just after their goal to further reduce their deficit as Alex Steadman had a header go wide and they had a couple of shots blocked.

However, on the hour mark the game really was over. Coleshill Town right wingback Josh Mansell scored one of the goals of the season as he volleyed in a strike from a free kick on the corner of the 18-yard box.

After that the game started fizzling out. Both sides managed to create half chances but neither team really came close to scoring again.

The Moe’s confidence will surely have been knocked after suffering their second 4-1 defeat in a row and whatever decision Co-Chairmen Darren Rodgers and Ian Beech decide about who takes the club forward, the new manager will have to work hard to rebuild the team’s confidence. this afternoon, Luffs winless and five points adrift of safety.

Taking strides away from the bottom were Birstall United Reserves, who won 3-1 at home to Holwell Sports Reserves, James Pearce, Charlie Seager and Max Sutton their scorers in the second period, turning it round after Isaac Hutton had sent the visitors in 1-0 up at the break.

Into Everards Brewery Division Two, AFC North Kilworth won 5-0 at Sileby Town Reserves. Harry Parker scored a hat-trick, Alfie Mason and Sylvester Zdunek with the other goals. There was a hat-trick as well at Desford Reserves, but not for the home side, who are still searching for the maiden win; instead, a Charlie Whiteside hat-trick meant he got the match ball, and Rugby Borough Reserves the three points in a 3-0 win that put them into third.

The other chasers, meanwhile, cancelled themselves out, as Bottesford and Sutton Bonington drew 1-1, Chris Tonge giving Bottesofrd the lead, before Zac Jackson rescued a point for SB four minutes from time.

Were SB to win all three of their games in hand, then they might be able to look like a stalking horse on the top two, but otherwise, North Kilworth & Aylestone look well in front, and set to dispute the title between themselves.

 ?? ?? Loughborou­gh Dynamo’s Alex Steadman was on target against Coleshill.
Loughborou­gh Dynamo’s Alex Steadman was on target against Coleshill.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom