Loughborough Echo

Ingles see winning run come to an abrupt end


INGLES four game winning run ended abruptly away at Hucknall Town on Saturday after a 3-0 defeat.

Ingles went into the game confident after the recent run but knew that Hucknall away is one of the hardest games of the season, add in Hucknall’s recent good form and it meant they had to be at their best to get anything.

Ingles were without the services of wingers Bloxham, Yousuf and Younis who are all suffering with muscle injuries after the hectic recent schedule.

The game started with

Hucknall looking to exert their dominance and managed to win a number of corners and free kicks in dangerous areas, however these were managed well by Webb and the back four of Kone, Rock, McCourt and Scargill.

Ingles always carried a threat on the break and should have taken the lead after Clarke was sent through one on one but couldn’t get the ball under control and was tackled just as he was about to shoot.

To compound this missed chance Hucknall took the lead after an Ingles mistake. Ingles had the ball under control but a poor touch by Scargill let Hucknall in and a cross found the unmarked number 10 who volleyed past Webb. Things got worse two minutes later when the competitiv­e Attwood was given a straight red card for a tackle in the middle of the park.

This meant it was going to be a long 70 minutes for Ingles to keep the score down. For the rest of the half this was fairly comfortabl­e with Webb rarely tested.

Ingles should have equalised just before half time when Fowkes was released down the right and is cross found Copson six yards out who elected to try and control the ball instead of shoot. Unfortunat­ely his control let him down and the chance was gone.

The second half was very much back to the walls with Hucknall coming forward with attack after attack. The second goal came on 60 minutes and was quickly followed by a third.

Throughout the half the Ingles team put their bodies on the line with blocks, headers and clearances. One fine tackle from Josh Rock when the striker was through on goal really highlighte­d the fight and spirt the 10 men showed.

Webb claimed numerous crosses to release some of the pressure. Ingles had a couple of half chances on the break with Rawson firing just wide from 25 yards and Smith going close with an effort

Hucknall were well worth their victory and even without the red card it would have been a tough ask to win this one. A very experience­d, well drilled, physical side who will be in the playoff picture at the end of the season.

Ingles can hold their heads high after not caving in and making it a harder afternoon for Hucknall then they perhaps thought.

Ingles now have a two week break before playing again on November 6 against Dunkirk. A welcome break will hopefully allow some injured players to return and niggles to clear.

MANAGERLES­S Quorn crashed out of the FA Vase on Saturday when they were soundly beaten by UCL Premier South outfit Hinckley LRFC

Hinckley soon settled into their stride and early chances were created by Matty Langham for Dom Brennan followed by Tom Smith, Nathan Astill and Dom Brennan again in the first 15 minutes.

The deadlock was broken on 23 minutes when Hinckley won a throw-in near the corner flag which Matty Langham flicked on for Tom Smith who half-volleyed from the penalty spot into the bottom left hand corner leaving the Quorn keeper flat footed and unable to react to put Hinckley 1-0 up.

Hinckley continued to dominate the game with total control of the middle of the park creating chance after chance but it wasn’t until the 40th minute that the lead increased.

This time Nathan Astill drilled a short cross into the Quorn box which Danny Jenno headed back into the danger zone and Jake Brown reacted quickest and headed in the second to put Hinckley 2-0 up.

Tom Smith was then brought done in the Quorn box and Hinckley were awarded a penalty which Matty Langham confidentl­y dispatched to make the score 3-0.

Hinckley restarted the second half very much in the same vane that they ended the first half with Quorn struggling to get out of their half. Hinckley continued to create chances without increasing the score line.

Dom Brennan received a yellow card on 60 minutes for a careless tackle and then Will Highland pulled off a first class save direct from the resultant Quorn free-kick following their first saunter into Hinckley’s half.

Hinckley continued to play out the game with Quorn struggling to break into the final third.

More chances were created by Matty Langham, Tom Smith and Lewis Jones without either finding the back of the net.

Jack Beasley came on to replace the impressive Lewis Jones on 80 minutes as the game looked to be secure.

Matty Langham then made the score respectabl­e with a tap in on 90 minutes from a Tom Smith cross to make it 4-0 and complete the rout.

 ?? ?? Ingles FC in action.
Ingles FC in action.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom