Loughborough Echo

Shepshed fightback to draw eight goal thriller



SHEPSHED DYNAMO 4 SUTTON COLDFIELD TOWN 4 SHEPSHED Dynamo turned an impossible deficit at from 4-1 down at half time into an inexplicab­le 4-4 point although dropping a place in the Pitching in th eNorthern Premier League Midlands it felt more like a victory at end of the game.

Dynamo got off to the worst possible start to the game as Leo Brown latched onto a cross in the first minute to give Sutton Coldfield the lead.

The Royals were in control of the game Dahler Morrison fired over on seven minutes and Jordan Smith cleared his cross on nine minutes.

Shepshed were struggling to get into the game as has Harry Eden’s corner was cleared by Shaquille O’Neill on 14 minutes.

Dynamo had their first chance of the half on 17 minutes Karl Demidh turning O’Neill’s cross over.

Although looking possibly offside Brown made it two for Sutton Coldfield slotting passed Ganley on 18 minutes.

Debutant Toby Ritzema was bizarrely deemed to have fouled Brown in the penalty area when he was clearly fouled by Brown on 22 minutes and Brown dispatched the spot kick for his hat trick to make it three to The Royals.

Shepshed were given a penalty of their own on 26 minutes Aris Christopho­rou handled inside the area and Matt Melbourne pulled a goal back from the spot for Dynamo.

Dynamo were beginning to grow in to the game with promise with James Sneddon firing into Lewis Gwilliams on 36 minutes.

Brown hit the post on 43 minutes and from the rebound Callum KingHarmes in slow motion steered the ball past Ganley and on a normal afternoon it should have been enough to see the visitors take all three points.

Shepshed came out with a fighting spirit in the second half and with a determinat­ion that the game wasn’t beyond their grasp.

Denidh’s deflected shot pulled Shepshed back into the game on 62 minutes and The Royals could have regained the deficit a minute later with Ganley tipping over, John Dodd then blazed wide a minute later.

John King reduced the score to 4-3 with five minutes to go and with time running out Jack Rogers levelled the score.

From 4-1 down at half time a 4-4 draw was like a home win similar to how Cambridge City must have felt a few weeks ago.

Although dropping a place in the table a never say die attitude in the second half may stand the team in good stead for the tough looking games ahead.

 ?? ?? Action from Shepshed’s clash with Sutton Coldfield. Pictures by Danny Pole.
Action from Shepshed’s clash with Sutton Coldfield. Pictures by Danny Pole.
 ?? ??

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom