Loughborough Echo

Dynamo slip up against league’s basement boys


LOUGHBOROU­GH Dynamo collapsed from being 2-0 up to losing 4-3 at home to Histon in the Northern Premier League Midlands Division on Saturday.

It was a game that will mostly be remembered for the blustery conditions and the performanc­e on the referee, and it saw Histon win their first game since August 24 to move them off the bottom of the table.

The game got off to a good start for Loughborou­gh Dynamo as they raced into a two-goal lead within the first 14 minutes of the game.

Striker Courey Grantham opened the scoring for the Moes after just seven minutes as he was fed the ball in the box, and his shot clipped the inside of the post and went over the line.

Then just seven minutes later, winger Kevin Da Silva Bastos who found himself in the six-yard box and he was able to tap home an excellent low cross from Dan Collins on the left.

For the first half an hour the result didn’t seem in any doubt. However, around the 30-minute mark, Dynamo switched off and conceded two goals in two minutes. Histon midfielder Ed Rolph was on hand to score twice for Histon, the first of which was a tap in from a cross on the left.

Then straight from the kickoff, the Moes had the ball in the middle of the park and a lack of concentrat­ion led to Ed Rolph being through on goal and his shot beat Ruben Rabstein to make it 2-2.

The second half was almost a complete contrast to the first and will be remembered for the referee. In total, the referee gave out nine yellow cards and one red card in a game where there were very few bad challenges or bad behaviour.

Just before the hour mark, Finley Wilkinson put Histon 3-2 ahead after a powerful shot from inside the box found its way into the net.

However, just four minutes later, Dynamo were back level after Histon couldn’t clear their lines from a corner and winger Kevin Bastos was on hand to smash the ball home.

Both teams were pushing for a winner, and it could have gone either way.

A few minutes later Kevin Bastos beat his man and broke into the box from the right. Just as he was about to shoot, he was bundled over by a Histon defender, but the referee gave Bastos a yellow card for simulation.

Then soon after that, Bastos was fouled on the right and his boot came off. After redoing his shoelaces, he came back onto the field of play before play had resumed and the referee sent him off for entering the field of play without permission.

This incident also saw Head Coach Brad Munn get a yellow card for his protestati­ons before Curtis Burrows also got a yellow card for dissent in an incident soon after.

By now the game was close to boiling over and both teams desperatel­y wanted to win. And that winner came for Histon in the 87 minute as another calamity at the back for Loughborou­gh Dynamo saw Luke Lindsay take the ball off the keeper and he went round him and stuck the ball in the net to make it 4-3 to Histon.

That result now means there have been 52 goals in Dynamo’s nine home games this season and Dynamo’s poor run of form stretches on having only won one of their last eight games.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom