Loughborough Echo

Disappoint­ing display as Shepshed are well beaten


IN THe first of a tough run in to the end of the year Shepshed Dynamo were beaten by Belper Town away on Saturday 4-1 and can only look back on the errors occurred to inflict the defeat.

Belper took the lead on 13 minutes through Ben Rhodes but Shepshed went into the break level through Jack Rogers on 22 minutes.

An early second in the second half for The Nailers made it an uphill climb for Shepshed from Riece Bertram and the game was effectivel­y put beyond Dynamo’s grasp just after the half hour mark with Craig Nelthorpe’s penalty. Despite chances to get back into the game Danny South made it four just before the end of the game sending Belper third.

Belper had only lost one game at The Raygar Stadium prior to Saturday’s game and it showed in their confidence going forward early on.

Danny South with an early chance deflected wide on five minutes.

The hosts took the lead on 13 minutes Prince Mancinelli’s ball by passed Shaquille O’Neill Brooks and Shepshed were left wide open, Jonathan Marget’ts cross was met by Ben Rhodes to tap home.

Dynamo made a fight of it Toby Ritzema’s cross just out of the reach of Matt Melbourne on 17 minutes.

Belper looked like they had doubled their lead on 20 minutes Nelthorpe’s free kick was saved by Brandon Ganley and Nathan Curtis tapped in the rebound only to be offside.

Shepshed levelled on 22 minutes Leke Shodunke lifted the ball over the Town defence, Melbourne squared the Ball to Rogers to score from close range.

Belper were still the more threatenin­g side for the remainder of the half with Nelthorpe’s effort blocked on 26 minutes and firing wide three minutes later.

Shepshed had one final chance on 32 minutes Rogers finding Melbourne who fired over. But Dynamo were more than happy going into half time level.

The Nailers stepped it up a gear in the second half and were back in front two minutes after the restart substitute Bertram’s header looping over everyone from a free kick.

Belper effectivel­y won the game on 61 minutes Sean Doy initially failed to clear Dynamo’s defensive line but O’Neill Brooks was then caught napping by Curtis and although one on one with Ganley he looked to have miss controlled the ball but the penalty was given for a trip by Brandon. Nelthorpe stepped up and converted the spot kick.

Reece Morris entered the fray and remember a week before we were two goals to the deficit a lot later in the game but Belper were a different calibre.

With time running out John King was isolated on the wing and his ball towards Ganley was too short and South latched onto it to score Town’s fourth.

Belper were more than worthy of the victory on the day and despite holding our own in the first half to compete against the teams in the higher echelons of the division we need to eradicate the mistakes which led to our demise Saturday.

ONLY one game in the Insurance Services Premiershi­p which saw Mountsorre­l Amateurs beat Iqra FC 7-0, Alex Kent (2), Ollie Freckingha­m, Henry Green, Lewis Austin, Kieran Chance and Justin Hunt with the Ammies goals.

In The Championsh­ip a goal from Steve Marshall was enough to give Belton Villa all three points at home to Loughborou­gh United.

In Industrial Laundry Equipment Limited League One Leicester Rangers lost 3-2 at home to Rothley Imperial Reserves, Damien Kewmoss, Jack Sheeran and Jack Noon for Rothley, George Himan and Ash Podgers for the Rangers.

In the Dab Civil Engineerin­g Contractor­s Ltd League Two Brookside Athletic won 4-0 away at Mountsorre­l FC, Talvin Shankar, Liam Jeffrey, Piers Wheeler and Karl Duncan with the Brookside goals. Athletic Sparta beat Shepshed Amateurs Reserves 2-0, Kamil Ciolek and Matty Walker with the Sparta goals.

Top scorers of the day in the Countrysid­e Insurance Services League Three were Barlestone St. Giles Reserves who hit 10 past Birstall Old Boys at School Lane without reply, Matt Angel (3), Haydn Boam (2), Harry Slater (2), George Hudson, James Pye and Jacob Townsend with the Saints goals.

In the Cobbin Trophy first round Countrysid­e Insurance Services League Three side Loughborou­gh United Reserves booked their place in the next round after beating Dab Civil Engineerin­g Contractor­s Ltd League 2 side Kibworth Town Reserves 3-2, Dan Reeve, Chris Biddles and Ziggy Pennant with the Loughborou­gh goals, Sam Breeze and Josh Tomkins for Kibworth.

 ?? ?? Action from Shepshed Dynamo’s defeat at the hands of Belper Town. Pictures by Danny Pole.
Action from Shepshed Dynamo’s defeat at the hands of Belper Town. Pictures by Danny Pole.
 ?? ??

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United Kingdom